Professional Development and Support
- Application to the endorsement program is ongoing. We start a new cohort each September or August, each January and each June. Students are placed based on critical need for compliance. You must to apply through the ALS Website. The application is for the current year only. If you do not get in this year, you will need to reapply next year. The application process restarts in the Spring.
- Calendars for the current cohorts can be viewed at the links below.
Ethnic and Cultural Heritage) Training (Substitutes paid for by ALS)
- For licensed personnel the workshop is a two day
training on cultural diversity with a follow-up one-day training a few weeks later.
- For classified personnel the workshop is a one day training.
- After obtaining permission from your principal or supervisor, you may register at: Click Here: Jordan Professional Learning System (Search: REACH)
Sheltered Instruction Academy w/ Training on the WIDA ELD Standards (Substitutes paid for by ALS)
- A two-day workshop. Day 1 is based on the SIOP® Model of Lesson Planning and Observation, and Day 2 is based on the WIDA™ English Development Standards.
- After obtaining permission from your principal, you may register at: Click Here: Jordan Professional Learning System (Search: SIOP)